Why Choose A Suspended Ceiling?
Suspended ceilings are also known as the stretch ceiling, drop ceiling and false ceiling. It originated from France. They are made of thin vinyl film, pulled over the plastic frame. They are light and durable. In the home, they are perfect for living rooms and bedrooms. They can be used almost in any setting. The most common areas of use are; banks, hotels, restaurants, offices, apartments, sports facilities, shops, and museums.
Reasons to Choose It
- Stylish: It gives a room with an excellent finish and aesthetic appearance. It is also a modern trending feature
- Quick Installation: It doesn’t require hectic planning and involving a myriad of specialists to install. You can even do it yourself! It saves you time and labour costs.
- Exceptional design choices: Today’s suspended ceilings come in a variety of styles, textures, and colours. They are classified in the type of films, which include; matt, marble, metallic, and glossy. You are in the power of the appearance you want and the message you want to send through your interior space, be it at home or in the office.
- Easy access to home systems: The clutter of ducts, networking cables, plumbing, TV, wiring, and other mechanical systems can be easily hidden by a suspended ceiling, yet remain accessible for repairs. Suspended ceilings in a home theatre could solve the problem of where to nest multiple cables and power cords.
- Easy to maintain: They only require to be cleaned using a soft cloth and detergent, to maintain its look and aesthetic appeal
- Helps to conceal flaws: They help to hide defects and stains in the main ceiling. It also helps save you the money you would have used on repairs and painting of the actual ceiling.
- Improved Soundproofing: Suspended ceilings offer superior acoustic properties to absorb sound, so surrounding rooms are quieter. A good example would be installing a suspended ceiling with fiberglass. A professional contractor is best suited to ensure the installations are carried out correctly to secure this.
- Safe for use in safety sensitize areas: They do not accumulate static energy and do not support combustion. They are safe for use in children’s schools and medical facilities that require sterility.
- Moisture resistance: Suspended ceilings resist moisture. This helps maintain a hygienic and healthy living environment. They can even be used in areas where high humidity is present, such as the bathroom, laundry areas, and utility rooms.
- Fire safety: Fire-check ceiling panels and tiles are fire-retardant and meet industry standards for flame-spread ratings.
- Energy efficiency: The insulating effect of suspended ceiling panels may help lower home heating or cooling bills. They also lower the ceiling height of the interior space, consequently reducing the space that needs to be heated.
- Economical: They do not require major or minor repairs, therefore saves you money
- Easy to remove and reassemble: The suspended ceiling can be easily removed and reassembled if there is a need for repairs on the main ceiling. This process does not degrade the quality of the ceiling.
- Easy to install lights: Suspended ceilings are capable of holding overhead lights and electronic appliances. You can install any of these between each panel of the ceiling.
At Alkimos Ceilings & Walls, we offer professional advice and services. We provide quality materials to ensure customer satisfaction, for, as they say, the customer is always right. We will handle all your suspended ceilings needs, so contact us today to find out more.
Feel free to contact us for further information and any inquiries through the following contacts.
Call us on (08) 9562 4304
Email us at: email@example.com