Ceiling Repairs In Perth – Call Alkimos Ceilings & Walls For Quality Services At Affordable Prices
Ceilings provide essentially needed overhead guard from elements such as extreme temperatures and debris floating in the air. They hold insulation in and keep unsightly pipes and beams from sight. They impact our health through their role in air circulation and natural light. Ceilings determine the look and feel of a space. High ceilings feel spacious, while low ceilings feel cosy. Having known the importance of ceilings, let’s find out which are the major causes of ceiling damage, how you can prevent it, and maintain your ceiling.
Maintaining Your Ceiling (Plasterboard / Gyprock) CEILING REPAIRS IN PERTH
Have you ever taken the time to study your ceiling? You may have noticed small, circular indentations. The small indentations form a hole after a week or so. You may also notice small cracks on your cornice that become larger and unpleasant to the eye over time. You may ignore these observations, thinking of them as minor issues that will not necessarily affect your ceiling as a whole.
I would advise you consider having these minor issues checked, for they may be a result of underlying issues that will balloon into a major problem if left unchecked. It will also be cheaper to deal with these issues quickly right away as they are still minor to save you time and money.
Causes of ceiling damage
- Water leaks: If there is water in your ceiling drywall, it will cause ceiling stains, peeling paint, and sagging drywall. The water leaks may be caused by broken water fittings or malfunctioned bathroom fittings.
- Excessive Moisture: High humidity or condensation can cause cling damage. You can avoid this by properly ventilating your house by keeping windows and doors often open. Also, consider investing in a dehumidifier, depending on the severity or extent of the damage.
- Structural problems: If you have cracks running full length from the ceiling straight down a wall, it may be a sign that a wall stud is damaged. If the ceiling begins to bow, the joists may be unable to hold the weight for much longer. Make a point to have the structure of your home inspected and appropriate repairs made.
What should I do?
The best solution would be to prevent the damage from happening. The best ways to do so are;
- Pay attention to your water bill: If the water bill is unexpectedly high, check for water leaks in the house. This will curb water leakage before it causes any serious damage.
- Ventilation: Keep your house well ventilated at all times by keeping doors and windows open most of the day. If you live in an area with high humidity, a dehumidifier will remove excess humidity in the home
If you can identify any of the problems above and feel the problem is worsening, give Alkimos Ceilings and Walls a call, and we will be more than happy to help. You will be able to speak to our friendly and interactive professionals who will answer all your questions and give free advice. Regularly check your ceilings for screw pooping and the cornice for any cracking. Sought professional help as soon as you notice any of these signs. You can find more blogs from Alkimos Ceilings & Walls on the topics below;
- What is plasterboard
- Preventing plasterboard from mould
- The benefits of dry-lining
Feel free to contact us for further information and any inquiries through the following contacts.
Call us on (08) 9562 4304
Email us at email@example.com